Here you will find a BBC News item on this atrocity.
I have some bitter observations to make.
- Apparently the Nigerian government waited three weeks to make any move at all.
- Apparently the Nigerian government can’t do much about this.
- Apparently all the world, including the USA, many Muslim groups and countries, and presumably Israel, France, and Britain want ‘something done.’
Now for the dumb questions:
- Do many countries have spy satellites with images on record for the area? The USA, for example?
- Could this surveillance (supposedly they can read a license plate) find out where the kidnappers took the girls?
- Could there then be a basis for a rescue or ‘other negotiation?’
- Could every country declare that, if the girls show up for sale, they will be protected and their ‘handlers’ executed?
- Could the USA declare that, if the girls are harmed, that drones will arrive and punish the kidnappers or purchasers?
Why is essentially nothing being done, other than righteous posturing?