Today we have two persons of interest.
I am a writer. One thing all writers should think about is ‘Show not Tell.’ For a fine explanation of that, go here and see how Shirley Jump explains it.
The second person of interest, fascination even, is Donald Trump.
Here is one place where some of Trump’s tweets have been gathered. I’ll select just a few words to show that Trump is telling.
- Mainstream (FAKE) media
- China & its highly respected President
- We are making tremendous progress
- Relationships are good-deal very possible!
- The U.S. recorded its slowest economic growth in five years (2016). GDP up only 1.6%. Trade deficits hurt the economy very badly.
- First the Ninth Circuit rules against the ban & now it hits again on sanctuary cities-both ridiculous rulings. See you in the Supreme Court!
I could go on, but if you go through the above list, you’ll probably agree that most, if not all, the italicized words (emphasis mine) are not substantiated with any facts.
We’ve been told. It’s a telling show.